The onset of summer brings fun and frolic with swimming and beach holidays, but the sun burn Is on your mind. You go out for few minutes in the scorching heat and you get big brown patch on your skin because of excessive melanin production. Before you go in the sun it is essential to cover them with good SPF sunscreen to avoid tanning. However there is one more condition where prolonged exposure would fade away the protective effects of sunscreen, it maybe because of heavy sweating or any other reason.
Sun burns and sun tans are difficult to deal with, however some of us who have got it need to deal with it, you can start with granular exfoliate regularly and avoiding sun exposure while using sunscreen with higher SPF would help in getting rid of sun tans rapidly
In addition to these measures a few home remedies might be useful for getting you closer to your goal.
1. Mesh potato and apply the juice along with raw and rub it on affected areas gently for few minutes and leave it for some time to dry up before you wash it off.
2. Raw potato juice can also be mixed with lemon juice because of its natural bleaching properties.
3. Concoct cucumber and mesh it very fine and than add lemon juice and fullers earth, smear this preparation on the affected areas for 15 Minutes and than wash it off with cold water
• A mixture of yogurt and lemon juice applied on the problematic spots for about 15 minutes before taking a shower can be a good way to lighten the color of your skin.
Again take some lemon juice add yogurt with it and apply it on problematic spots for 10 to 15 Minutes before bath. This preparation is very good for lightening skin tone.
• Alternatively a paste made with yogurt, honey and turmeric can have a similar effect. Leave this paste on the problem areas for twenty minutes than rinse with lukewarm water.
Very ancient remedy to lighten skin
• Mix sesame seed oil, olive oil and almond oil in the ratio 4:1:1 and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water using gram flour/besan or a mild soap. This is an effective natural remedy to get rid of suntan. It also improves complexion.
• Squeeze lemon juice in a cup, add some sugar and a few drops of glycerin to it. Use this to scrub the tanned area. Use you the tip of you fingers in a rhythmic and gentle motion. This treatment will not only help you get rid of the tan but soften the skin as well. Mix 1/4 cup of lemon juice to 1/2 cup sugar. Use a loofah and scrub.
• Use potato peels as they have antioxidant properties that whiten the skin.
• Apply mashed cucumber on the affected area. It has cooling properties that soothe the skin and lighten it as well.
• A blend of almond and sandalwood paste is also helps get rid of tans. Sandalwood is known to soothe and lighten the skin.
• Effect of sunburn could be prevented by this home remedy. Mix 1 tsp potato juice, in 1 tsp of lemon juice and apply it on affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off. Repeat the process once a day till you get rid of sun tan.
Skin care products
• Mix tomato juice with a little curd and apply. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
• Use of natural scrub like oatmeal ( add warm water to oatmeal, mix it well to form a paste) helps to remove dead skin cells and stimulate blood circulation.
• Mix a little fresh lemon juice, gram flour ( besan) and curd and apply it on the skin for 15 minutes regularly to get rid of sun tan.
• The key with these natural home remedy is consistence. Make sure to apply these natural remedies on a regular basis to be able to see gradual improvements.